Chalenj is a QR Code enabled platform that utilizes a micro-action engine that directs deskless workers toward the information they need to do their job.
With Chalenj, organizations can turn their content, training or procedures into a challenge that can be easily accessed by deskless workers when they need it most.
Health Care Workers
Law Enforcement Workers
Drivers and Delivery People
Assembly Line Workers
Students & Participants
Human Services Workers
Challenges to Supporting Deskless Workers
High Turnover Rates: This means that onboarding is constantly happening and new employees require information quickly in order to do the job right away.
Hard to Reach: Deskless workers are not situated in one spot and constantly moving. Studies show 0ver 80% don’t have access to reliable technology.
Limited Access to the Right Info: Access to the right information at the right time to do the job is often not available.
Chalenj Supports Deskless Employees in 2 Ways
One, help employees with what they DO on the job, and two, make what their DOING better!
Quick access to information to DO the job.
Chalenj QR codes at the workplace give quick access to the information employees need to do their job.
Having access to information easily and quickly ensures that the deskless worker is able to do their job when no one else is around to help. This can include procedures, lists, instructions, etc.
This ultimately provides the employee a sense of comfort and an ‘in the flow‘ understanding of what needs to be done on the job which leads to higher job satisfaction and lower turnover.
Incrementally learn about DOING the job better.
Once the employee is able to do their job, understanding why they’re doing it that way and how they can do it better is the next step. Chalenj breaks down learning into micro-actions that take place over time and help reinforce what they’re doing on the job and how to do it better.
Chalenj allows organizations to:
1) Create new content that can easily be added to Chalenj, and/or
2) Incorporate multiple learning resources (LMS, LinkedIn Learning, discussion boards) and HRIS systems (Payroll, Performance Reviews, Surveys) that support and guide an employee towards completion. This takes the frustration out of having to locate various resources.
Deskless workers are a QR Code away from the information to do their job
Chalenj helps organizations to:
- Create incremental and rapidly deployed content
- Edit and deploy content in real-time
- Generate data on user activity
- Implement unlimited Chalenjs under one platform
- Validate action completion using multiple methods
- Publish public or private invitations to participate
- Guide. support and engage employees through multiple resources (LMS, HRIS)
- Lead a user to deeper learning and a desired outcome
Chalenj helps the deskless worker to:
- Access content ‘in the flow’ of the job
- Receive email notifications on unlocked actions
- Retain content and apply it by leveraging micro-learning principles
- Complete a Chalenj on their timeframe – when and where they want
- Access a repository of content right from their phone at any time
- Achieve deeper learning and a desired outcome
Quick implementation and deployment
Getting started is easy!
Work with a Chalenj consultant to set up your authoring account to build your first Chalenj
The Chalenj development team will either create or support you in building your Chalenj
Your Chalenj goes live!
Once live, accessing Chalenj is as simple as 1, 2, 3
User’s process for completing a Chalenj:
ONE: Scans a QR Code, receives an email or clicks a link
TWO: Opens Chalenj on their phone to view the content
THREE: Continues to access Chalenj when information is needed
Your Deskless workforce will now have access to the current Chalenj as well as any other Chalenjs they’ve been linked to. A repository of information will be stored in their accounts so they can access it in the future if required.
If changes to a Chalenj are required, you simply go into your self-authoring account and update it in real-time.
There are four main formats for using Chalenj on the job:
- In the flow of the job information,
- Learning and Development, and
- Job Aides.
Chalenj incorporates a QR Code planning process in order to identify strategic workplace locations where employees require access to information to do their job
Mapping out strategic QR Code placement for easy access to information by employees
Highlighting procedural versus product information where necessary
Onboarding employees while enabling them to explore the workplace on their own with access to the right information
Providing deeper learning that is automatically activated to develop the employee to do the job better
Orientating the employee to job requirements and the physical workplace
Strategically placing QR Codes so the employee does not have to fully rely on supervisor and coworker support
Chalenj in action
- Industry: Retail Channel Partners
- Situation: Pet food distributor in North America needed to provide product knowledge training quickly and effectively.
- Desired Outcome: Get retail staff to understand the benefits of the specific brand in order to accurately recommend it to customers.
- Chalenj: Staff were invited to a seven day Chalenj consisting of 2 actions per day. First action, 2-3 minute informational video and second action, knowledge review question.
- Chalenj Results: All staff completed the Chalenj within the 7 days and successfully passed a knowledge test.
- Industry: Human Services
- Situation: Community shelter had high staff turnover and found it difficult to fill positions with highly trained staff.
- Desired Outcome: Hire employees who could be trained while on the job.
- Chalenj: Staff hired were able to start right away. QR codes were set up throughout the workplace to provide quick access to information that was needed on the job.
- Chalenj Results: Staff were scanning QR codes on a regular basis and were able to quickly get up to speed on the job requirements.
- Industry: Delivery Service
- Situation: A delivery service wanted to provide access to SOPs for all of its drivers.
- Desired Outcome: Provide access to information to staff that was easy to access and updated.
- Chalenj: The organization placed QR codes in each of their trucks to allow drivers to scan and access information needed while on the road.
- Chalenj Results: Drivers had access to information they could access on their own versus having to call back to head office, saving time and money.
We want to create your first Chalenj for you!
Two ways to create a Chalenj:
1. Want to create your own: Chalenj provides a self-authoring tool that allows your organization to go in and create your own Chalenjs.
2. Want someone to create it for you: Hire a Chalenj consultant to turn your content into a Chalenj.
For a limited time, all paid subscriptions will get FREE access to a Chalenj consultant to build your first Chalenj.
This means that you can start providing access to your deskless workforce immediately, giving them the information they need to succeed on the job.
While we’re building your first Chalenj you get to see firsthand how to develop, create and implement your own. We walk you through the simple process so you’re up and going quickly.