This policy describes the information we process to support Chalenj LLC. You can find additional tools and information in the Chalenj Settings.
- What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the Chalenj Product, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use our product. You can learn how to access and delete information we collect by visiting the Chalenj Settings.
Things you and others do and provide.
- Information and content you provide.
We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Product, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. It can also include what you see through features we provide. Our systems automatically process content and communications you and others provide to drive the functionality of the Product.
- Your usage.
We collect information about how you use our Product, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Product, and we combine this information across different devices you use.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts you use, and Family Device IDs (or other identifiers unique to Chalenj LLC associated with the same device or account).
- Device signals: Bluetooth signals, and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers.
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address and connection speed.
- Cookie data: data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
- How do we use this information?
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make) as described below to provide and support Chalenj LLC. Here’s how:
Provide, personalize and improve our Product.
We use the information we have to deliver our Product, including to personalize features and content and make suggestions for you on and off our Product.
- Location-related information: We use location-related information-such as your current location to provide, personalize and improve our Product. This may include ads in the future. Location-related information can be based on things like; your zip code, precise device location (if you’ve allowed us to collect it) and IP addresses.
- Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our Product.
- Ads and other sponsored content: In the future, we may use the information we have about you-including information about your interests, actions and connections-to select and personalize ads, offers and other sponsored content that we show you.
Promote safety, integrity and security.
We use the information we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our Product, and promote safety and security on and off of our Product.
Communicate with you.
We use the information we have to communicate with you about our Product, and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
III. How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Sharing on the Chalenj LLC Product
People and accounts you share and communicate with
When you Share, Like or Rate using Chalenj, you are doing so to the public Chalenj audience. Public information can be seen by anyone, on or off our Product, including if they don’t have an account. This includes your username; any information you share with a public audience, and content you share as a Chalenj. You, other people using Chalenj, and we can provide access to or send public information to anyone on or off our Product, in search results, or through tools and APIs. Public information can also be seen, accessed, reshared or downloaded through third-party services such as search engines, APIs, and offline media such as TV, and by apps, websites and other services that may integrate with our Product.
Content others share or reshare about you
You should consider who you choose to share with, because people who can see your activity on our Product can choose to share it with others on and off our Product, including people and businesses outside the audience you shared with.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our Product or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Sharing with Third-Party Partners
We may work with third-party partners to help us provide and improve our Product. We don’t sell any of your information to anyone, and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide.
Law enforcement or legal requests.
We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests.
- How can I manage or delete information about me?
We provide you with the ability to access, rectify, port and erase your data.
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
When you delete your account, we delete Chalenjs you have Authored and you won’t be able to recover that information later. If you don’t want to delete your content (i.e. a Chalenj) but want to temporarily stop using the Product, you can suspend your Chalenj account instead.
- How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- When we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of the Product, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Product), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
VIII. How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
We’ll notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised policy before you choose to continue using our Product.
- How to contact Chalenj LLC with questions
If you have questions about this policy, you can contact us as described below.
Contact us online or by mail at:
ATTN: Privacy Operations
1400 Picardy Lane
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192
Privacy Notice for California Residents
If you are a California resident, you can learn more about your consumer privacy rights by reviewing the California Privacy Notice.
Date of Last Revision: June 15, 2021